Thursday, June 23, 2011

green glider glee

A few weeks ago my mom and I went to a few yard sales on a whim (a weekly occurrence as of late), and as we pulled up to the driveway, my mom spotted an old outdoor glider just like the one her grandmother used to have. She immediately asked about it, talked the guy down to $20, and we parked our tushes on it until my dad came to pick it and us up with my truck. The next day we got some supplies to revamp our, ahem, "new" glider and set to work.
It was pretty rusty and beat up looking, but it wasn't anything that a sander (both the power tool and some good old fashioned elbow grease) couldn't handle! When we finished sanding, we covered it with a coat of primer and two coats of green spray paint.
And.. wah-lah! A beautiful green glider bench dealio for our backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment